Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Temujin

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 1, 2005
Copenhagen
I can't get the game Armegatron to work at all. Crashes every time. Could it be the same problem causing these crashes?

Don't know anything about any log, I'll check it out.

G99

macrumors 6502
Mar 8, 2006
Temujin said:
I can't get the game Armegatron to work at all. Crashes every time. Could it be the same problem causing these crashes?

Don't know anything about any log, I'll check it out.
Open up console.app, found in your utilities folder.

ero87

macrumors 65816
Jan 17, 2006
New York City
I have the same issue with VLC, I feel that it's extremely unstable. I just use Divx Doctor to convert all my .avi's to .mov's, then I watch them with Quicktime.

Reactions: krischik

Temujin

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 1, 2005
Copenhagen
ero87 said:
I have the same issue with VLC, I feel that it's extremely unstable. I just use Divx Doctor to convert all my .avi's to .mov's, then I watch them with Quicktime.
So im not the only one. It worked fine on my PB. Might be something wrong with the current universal version.

Edit: Just for kicks I tried MPlayer, made the entire system crash :( won't try that again.

Reactions: krischik

sarakn

macrumors 6502a
Feb 8, 2013
So im not the only one. It worked fine on my PB. Might be something wrong with the current universal version.

Edit: Just for kicks I tried MPlayer, made the entire system crash :( won't try that again.

I've noticed VLC crashes a lot. I've had more crashes on VLC in the past week than I had with Yosemite in the past year or so. This crashes when using VLC with my macbook connected to the TV via hdmi cable.

Dyhzy

macrumors newbie
May 27, 2016
I had the same problem, but it seems to be solved. No more crashes since yesterday.

Try deleting org.videolan.vlc.plist in /Users/<USERNAME>/Library/Preferences
Do note that this resets most settings.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.