vlc player for ipod touch

Discussion in 'iPod touch Hacks' started by brightshadow360, Oct 2, 2008.

1. brightshadow360 macrumors member

how close is it to coming out of beta and being released? I need a media player that can browse for files. is there another or is my only hope in the upcoming vlc player?

2. Four20 macrumors 6502a

Four20

most of the popular formats work(except xvid and divx) so that's what im waiting on

3. pwn247 macrumors 6502

pwn247

Take a look at this thread... http://modmyi.com/forums/iphone-news/182421-vlc-iphone.html

I think a mobile version of VLC for the iPhone/iPod Touch would be fantastic. :D

4. brightshadow360 thread starter macrumors member

fantastic?

fantastic?!?!

that sir is an extream understatment. vlc will blow EVERY media player (especialy itunes) to kingdom come! upon it's release, angels will sing and the gods themselves will bow before the might of the one who ported M*****F****** VLC to the touch! and all this will happen acording to your post within the week.

5. jonomayo macrumors newbie

6. the Helix macrumors regular

the Helix

Your statement seriously made me laugh! Indeed let's hope that VLC is ported soon!

7. brightshadow360 thread starter macrumors member

tried that. it refuses to brows properly. it says that it reads from some folder called downloads (i forget the exact path). tried that and it detects nothing. vlc on the other hand will proobobly browse anything, even files that it can't play. have you had any luck playing files from a directory (in other words, not using itunes plalist stuff?

8. brightshadow360 thread starter macrumors member

after serching for a bit, it looks like it may not work on 2.0 software. hopefuly it will be easaly ported to 2.0. that is assuming this info is correct.

also, found something claiming that it will be out in february. is it this week or 5 months from now? how soon is "soon"?

also, ten points off of Zodttd for charging their beta testers. why would you charge someone to test your stuff? they better not be charging for the official relese.

9. jonomayo macrumors newbie

Yea dTunes isn't really designed to play stuff itunes can play, just stuff downloaded on the iPod or specifically copied to the correct folder.

10. brightshadow360 thread starter macrumors member

and where is this folder? tried to find it and failed miserably. or rather dtunes failed in their discription of it. can anyone walk me through it just to see if I can work with it?

also this:http://www.everythingicafe.com/forum/iphone-modifications/vlc-4-iphone-36915.html

--------------------------edit
    Never mind. It's for hong kong. Dosn't work well either. Any word on when the working one will be out?