VLC Problem

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by NiGoosHii, Aug 14, 2010.

1. NiGoosHii macrumors newbie

Hello i just bought my Macbook Pro and im loving it

The question is : When i downloaded VLC i couldnt remove the icon from the desktop (The one that looks like a drive)

Any help ?

2. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

Right click on it and select EJECT. Or drag the icon to the TRASH. Or select the icon and press CMD+E.
    But you can only do this, if you aren't running VLC from that Disk Image (.dmg). In order to run VLC, just drag and drop it from the mounted Disk Image to the Applications folder.

Also have a look at the following links (if you haven't already), as the information presented there might be helpful in your future endeavours into Mac OS X and could clear up initial confusion and may even prevent harm to your system or your files.

Mac OS X Basics
    Switch 101 - guide with articles made by Apple on how to accustom yourself, after you switched to Mac OS X from Windows​

Mac 101 - How to get started with Mac OS X​

Find out how - tutorial videos made by Apple on how to do certain thing in Mac OS X​

Pro tips - tips made available by Apple for easier ways of doing certain tasks​

Mac OS X Keyboard Shortcuts - Learn about common Mac OS X keyboard shortcuts.​

Mac OS X Beginner's Guide by MacRumors - learn about software, media players, shortcuts and some useful tips, tricks and hints​

Mac Guides - tutorials, product guides and more​

MRoogle - a very effective tool to search these fora using Google and made available by edesignuk, introductory threads: 1, 2 and 3

3. Darwin macrumors 65816

Darwin

That would be a mounted image, those need to be ejected by either dragging the icon to the trash (which turns into the eject symbol) or from selecting the image and pressing the keystroke Command (⌘) E.

The downloaded file will still be on your Machine though, most of the time its in the downloads folder.

EDIT: Beaten to it :D