vlc transcode

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by Tech198, Oct 5, 2012.

1. Tech198 macrumors G4

Hi all..

I've been using VLC's "Transcode Export" wizard to convert TV shows based on criteria, about 26 episodes.

Strem I covert to is Mpeg 2 with 192k audio

Encapsulation method is set to MPEG_PS for use as i wish to place the result on DVD for playback in DVD player

However, it completes with smaller file size and one mpeg, the video is good, and audio is too, but i hear a constant *click, click* in the audio all though the movie.

The original doesn't do this.

Anyone know whats happing here ? As other than that, it came out perfect. Using version 2.0.3 VLC on Mac

2. Menneisyys2, Oct 6, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2012

Menneisyys2 macrumors 603

What's the input format? If it's DVD-compliant MPEG-2 video + MPEG audio, are you just remuxing into a PS stream? I've tested the latter with VLC (remuxing my test TS file at http://dl.dropbox.com/u/13100693/ht...in--K11-_2011.05.09_YLE-TV1_12882718[copy].ts) and worked flawlessly.

If the sources are TS (Transport Stream) files as are most direct TV stream recordings, you could also give a try to Project-X. It's by far the best broadcast MPEG-2 (meaning it's not for AVCHD MTS files!) TS remuxing/processing app and handles transmission errors without A/V desynch, unlike a lot other transcoders / demuxers. Needless to say, it remuxes TS files to PS ones (M2P type inside the app) just great.

Let me know if you need more info on Project-X - I've written several articles on using it so I know it pretty well.