VM fusion and @ key doesn't work

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by nmfh, Jan 23, 2012.

1. nmfh macrumors newbie

I have a MacBook Pro with Lion and have VM fusion with windows 7. The @ key does not work. What do I need to do? It is essential as I can't put any email addresses in. Help!

2. robgendreau macrumors 68030

If you've got a busted key take your MBP back and see if you can get a repair.

Meanwhile, copy this @ symbol and paste it where you need it. And you could use TextExpander, Typinator, Spell Catcher or other software to paste that via a keyboard shortcut.

3. nDarkness macrumors newbie

Try pressing the function key when entering the @ symbol.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

4. nmfh thread starter macrumors newbie

I have solved the problem!

I realised that the @ key on a PC is where the " key is on a mac so if I just have to remember to press the other " key when I am in VM fusion to get the @ sign. Thanks for your help everyone.:)

5. Wang Foolio macrumors regular

International Keyboard shenanigans. I have no idea how long it would take for me to guess that, unless my computer started spitting out £ symbols :D

6. joannas macrumors newbie

nmfh, by the way any symbol on Windows is accessible through the Charmap utility. Just in case you will forget some other key in the future.