VMWare 2.06 bug: cursor becomes like paint brush

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by 4miler, Sep 20, 2010.

1. 4miler macrumors member

Has anyone experienced a bug in VMWare with Windows XP where suddenly the cursor starts acting like a paint brush.

e.g. if I click the Windows start button - rather than the application menu popping up, instead, if I move the cursor over the area where the menu should appear, the cursor acts as a paint brush that paints the portions of the menu as I move the cursor over the screen. What appears is only a graphic image, as there is no ability to interact with the portions of the screen that are painted in.

I have to re-start, and it usually goes away, but there are times when re-starting does not solve the problem.

2. wrldwzrd89 macrumors G5

wrldwzrd89

VMware 2.06? Any way you slice it, that version's old. VMware Workstation for Windows is at version 7, and VMWare Fusion for Mac is at version 3.1... is there a reason you have not upgraded?

3. 4miler thread starter macrumors member

Well, MacRumors is a Mac site, so it is 2.06 for Mac. I use VMWare Fusion for Mac with Windows XP only to run Quickbooks accounting software - nothing else. Since 2.06 was (for many months) working perfectly for me, I saw no reason to upgrade.

I look forward to any further comments.

4. willieva macrumors 6502

First upgrade to the latest version of fusion. If that doesn't fix the problem check the vmware site for info or submit a help request. They're quite good about figuring things out.