VMWare 50% off deal is gone early!?

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by ghall, Aug 6, 2007.

1. ghall macrumors 68040

ghall

I thought today was supposed to be the last day. The website said that the deal ended on August 7th and I'm pretty sure today is still the 6th. What's the deal with that? Does anyone have any ideas? Has anyone contacted VMWare about this?

2. ghall thread starter macrumors 68040

ghall

I just checked the Google cache of the webpage and it said that the offer ended at noon Pacific Time, yesterday. I could swear it said August 7th? :confused:

3. fishkorp macrumors 68020

fishkorp

No, it said it would expire on Sunday and the final version would be available on Monday. So 5th and 6th, not 6th and 7th. It was a pre-order sale. It's not a pre-order when the product is available. So it ended right before the final version was released.

4. ghall thread starter macrumors 68040

ghall

Yeah, I get that but I could have sworn it said something about the software being released tomorrow. Maybe I'm just crazy.

5. fishkorp macrumors 68020

fishkorp

here's the Ars article:

6. ghall thread starter macrumors 68040

ghall

Okay, so the evidence clearly points to me being crazy. I guess I misread the date or something. Oh well, I'm still pissed. Though now I'm pissed at myself for not ordering sooner. :mad:

7. fishkorp macrumors 68020

fishkorp

that's why i ordered as soon as i read that article :D didn't get to download and install the final build yet though. will tonight after work.

8. Sbrocket macrumors 65816

Sbrocket

There was one page on the VMware site that stated the preorder offer ended on August 7th, I noticed it too yesterday when I was buying my copy. I suppose it was a typo. Everything else on the site said 12pm PDT August 5th.

9. brkirch macrumors regular

It originally said that the discount would be available until August 7, but they changed the deadline to August 5 at noon a couple of days ago.

10. Sbrocket macrumors 65816

Sbrocket

Here it is, that one page. This snapshot of the page was taken on August 5th, 2007 at about 11 GMT.

http://tinyurl.com/yqgkhm

11. ghall thread starter macrumors 68040

ghall

Ah yep. That's the page I saw yesterday. Well, at least I wasn't imagining things. Well, now I'm really pissed. Damn typos. :mad:

Edit: I'm talking to a support agent right now to try and get this sorted out.

12. novagamer macrumors member

Yeah I"m in the same situation as you :(. I was waiting for a credit refund and had to wait till now. Let us know what happens please, and good luck.

13. ghall thread starter macrumors 68040

ghall

I was doing the live chat, and as soon as the sales agent connected Safari crashed. Yay, what a fun day I'm having. :rolleyes:

14. novagamer macrumors member

Oh hell. Well, if you get a response let me know, maybe your mac is warning you:p

15. ghall thread starter macrumors 68040

ghall

Good News!!!

For those who were going to purchase today, you'll have to call in your order at 877-486-9273, then when the voice menu comes up do option 2, then option 1, and "explain the situation".

16. Sbrocket macrumors 65816

Sbrocket

Ah, congrats on the good response. I was sure that VMware wouldn't be too strict if you contacted them and explained things; their customer support and conflict resolution seems to be better than with most corporations.