Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

safetyobc

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 6, 2007
Arkansas
Just curious if programs like VMWare Fusion and MS Office for Mac will work after Leopard is released as they do now?

I am planning on buying a MB or MBP in the next few days. I want to get VMWare with WinXP (only because I have a couple of Windows only programs).

They should work no problem, right? I will likely buy the MB of MBP, then pay the $10 to upgrade to Leopard in a couple of weeks.

any info would be appreciated.

safetyobc

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 6, 2007
Arkansas
Thanks!

I will likely run Neo Office for a couple of months and see how I like it.

Can I open MSOffice files with NeoOffice? And can others with MSOffice open my files from NeoOffice?

Retired
May 16, 2006
Files are compatible both ways between NeoOffice and MS Office on Mac and PC :)

Not only is it free, but until January, MS Office won't be very fast, as it is not yet made to suit Intel processors (the word for this is Universal). Personally, I think I may buy Office:08 if the student pricing remains the same, as it looks very good...

safetyobc

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 6, 2007
Arkansas
It says on Apple.com's store that if you buy MS Office 04 that you will get a free upgrade to MS 08 when it is released.

Sounds good? My wife is a student and is the one who will be using it, so how do you get the student discount?

safetyobc

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 6, 2007
Arkansas
Sooo, the education price is $149.99?

I thought it was cheaper than that. Maybe I am thinking of iWork.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.