VMWare and Outlook "cannot connect to server"

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by Medic, May 8, 2009.

1. Medic macrumors member

I need help...I just got a new Imac 24in and have been attempting everything I can to move my windows XP Pro (with Office Pro) to it. I need Outlook badly and I have tried every single option, but have not managed to get Outlook to "connect to server".

I have installed VMWare, then a VM Windows XP Pro SP3, then Office12, all fine. I have access to the Internet, but when I launch Outlook the 1st time, I manually setup settings (all fine), but then when I finish, Outlook displays it "cannot connect to server". The following launches it just displays cannot connect message then shutsdown.

I have done many searches, changed from NAT to Bridge etc. etc. but the message keeps coming. I have also tried the same with a Windows 7 image, and also tried with Parallels (because it had worked on my wife's MBA v.A). I even tried Parallels Transporter Agent and Fusion Converter to copy my existing physical PC, but these crash after 2+ hours of conversion! :mad:

Please someone help. I am trying now on Bootcamp, but I want Unity or Coherence...I just need Windows for Outlook, Projects and Visio!

2. LtRammstein macrumors 6502a

LtRammstein

Yeah.. Microsoft doesn't have Project or Visio for Mac. You can go to the OMNIGroup for those though.

Why don't you head to an Apple Store and have them do the transfer for you? It might cost you something, but they'll make sure everything is transferred.