VMWare, email key, alias, screen resolution questions

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by Sceneshifter, Feb 19, 2008.

1. Sceneshifter macrumors 6502

Sceneshifter

Hey,

So Vista is running just fine with Fusion, however I have some minor issues I would like to hear how to solve:

I have an zerty keyboard, and for me the AT key (needed for emails, that weird symbol) does not work, instead it gives me this: ²

Any way on shedding some light on that and perhaps other special chars I should know off?

Second, is there a way to make an alis (shortcut) in os x, so I can perhaps put it in my dock or something or desktop etc... so that when I double click it, it simply launches me straight into vista in fullscreen? That would be great.

Third, is there a way to set a different resolution for windowed and fullscreen mode? Now I put it at the max for the MB to look nice at fullscreen, but then when you go in windowed mode it basicaly is not handy and far from useful to use that window.

Also, seeing as I'm running this windows in virtual mode, does the maxc firewall still protect me, or should I install some security apps (free) ?

Thanks!

2. Komiksulo macrumors 6502

If the VM is running in 'bridged' mode (check your VM's preferences), it's connected directly to the external net, no filtering or anything, with a separate IP address. If it's in 'NAT' mode, the IP address of the Mac is serving for the VM as well.

In both cases, treat the VM as if it were alone on the network, with no Mac around it: install all anti-malware programs as if it were any other Windows box.