VMware Fusion 1.1 Released today

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by phatboy, Dec 9, 2007.

1. phatboy macrumors member

Check it out!

The free upgrade is avaliable to download here:
    http://www.vmware.com/download/fusion/

VMware Fusion 1.1 has more than 25 enhancements including:

* Support for Mac OS X Leopard
    * Use even more Windows 3D applications and games with experimental support for DirectX 9.0 accelerated 3D graphics (without “shaders”).
    * English, French, German, and Japanese versions all in the same download
    * Unity in VMware Fusion 1.1 makes Windows on the Mac even more seamless with:
    o Support for Windows Vista 32-bit and 64-bit editions
    o Support for Windows XP 64-bit edition
    o My Computer, My Documents, My Network Places, Control Panel, Run, and Search now appear in the Applications menu, Dock applications menu and Launch Applications window
    o Option to show/hide the Windows taskbar and Start menu in the VMware Fusion View menu
    o VMware Fusion “Launch Applications” window now only appears when you choose
    o Improved performance when resizing and dragging Unity windows
    * Boot Camp integration even better with VMware Fusion 1.1:
    o Use Microsoft Vista Boot Camp partitions in VMware Fusion virtual machines
    o Automatically remount the Boot Camp partition after Boot Camp virtual machine is shut down
    o Improved support for detecting and preparing Boot Camp partitions for use as virtual machines
    * Other improvements:
    o Ability to sync iPhone with Outlook in Windows virtual machines
    o Eject key now ejects the optical drive when attached to a virtual machine
    o VMware Shared Folders created with Windows Easy Install now defaults to "Read Only" access of the Mac’s home directory for maximum security
    o Option to hide the VMware Fusion status bar to take advantage of more screen real estate
    o Installation status and “out of date” status for VMware Tools made more obvious on status bar
    o Necessity to power off virtual machine to modify virtual hardware settings made more obvious.

http://www.vmware.com/products/fusion/features.html

2. phatboy thread starter macrumors member

sorry. my mistake. im from the uK and i read dates DD/MM/YYYY instead of MM/DD/YYYY.

so 1.1 has been out for a month now. well thats nice too know.

i just bought VMware fushion to use on my new macbook pro im getting for christmas :)