VMware Fusion 2.0 in UK stores - when?

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by sia555, Oct 2, 2008.

1. sia555 macrumors newbie

Hi there,

Been a mac owner since July and thoroughly enjoying it. I've been using VMware Fusion 2 Beta and this expired today so I thought I'd pop out and buy a copy. However the UK store I went into today only had version 1.

So my question is - does anybody know when the stores in the UK will be getting stock of the new version?

(I know I can buy it from the VMware website but as it's the same price as retail I'd rather have the box and cd to stick on the shelf :))

Cheers,
    Si

2. polar-blair macrumors regular

If you have VM ware 1.(x) you can upgrade to 2.0 free of charge. So you can either wait and but a new copy or get an old copy, install it and update it. I Had 1.0 and upgraded to 2.0 just recently, I like it lot :D

3. sia555 thread starter macrumors newbie

Cheers for that. I decided to get version 1 in the end. Decided not to bother using the CD so just downloaded version 2.0 and installed it over the beta - all went well and then I just used the licence key on the back of the CD and that was it all working happily with version 2.0 :)

Si