VMWare Fusion and Mountain lion

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by bohnje, Aug 3, 2012.

1. bohnje macrumors newbie

Hello, I just wanted to confirm that if I purchase VMWare Fusion on my retina macbook pro running ML that I will be able to boot my bootcamp partition as the VM. (I read some where that it could not in Lion :( ?)

Also does anyone know aprox how much HD space Fusion and a VM booting off my bootcamp partition would take up?

Thank You!

2. dyn macrumors 68030

3. jono b macrumors newbie

Vmware fusion cannot be used with retina display on MBPRO at this point without your windows displaying a ridiculous resolution that cannot be read without a magnifying glass. Even if you reset the resolution in Windows it still defaults next time you start up to the unreadable. I notice Parallels has a retina display driver but fusion does not seem to be interested. Perhaps bootcamp or parallels is the way of the future

4. supermanx macrumors member

I havent it noticed it changing the resolution on a restart. I have noticed I can't comfortably use the same setting in VM as I do in bootcamp and it requires me to either change resolution or dpi. Not a huge deal as I rarely use bootcamp (but when I do its awesome to be in the same drive/config as the vm).

I'm VERY happy with fusion, and use it everyday.