VMWare Fusion and Windows 7 64-bit.. Blue Screen

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by kolax, May 13, 2009.

1. kolax macrumors G3

kolax

Just did a fresh install of Windows 7 RC onto my Boot Camp partition. Using VMWare's Fusion (v2.0.4) to load Windows 7 up on my Mac. However, it blue screens as soon as the Windows 7 logo appears during boot.

I have it set up to emulate "Windows 2008 Server x64" as detailed in VMWare's post to get Windows 7 working.

What's going on..? Any ideas how I can sort this out?

2. Keleko macrumors 68000

I don't know about using VMWare to run the bootcamp install of Windows 7. I've only run it with VMWare using a virtual machine only. I've left my bootcamp of XP alone.

3. kolax thread starter macrumors G3

kolax

Installed the latest Parallels Desktop that has Windows 7 experimental support and its working fine. Glad I only tried the trial of VMWare..!

4. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

Using an installation off of your hard disk within a virtual machine has usually had some compatibility issues with the latest versions of Windows.

5. kolax thread starter macrumors G3

kolax

I've always ran Windows XP off my Boot Camp partition - but I've been running Windows 7 off my partition for the past hour, and had no problems.

Not sure what the issue was with VMWare.. others have no issues at all.