[VMware Fusion] Connect Apple Bluetooth USB Host Controller doesn't work

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by macmee, Feb 24, 2009.

1. macmee Suspended

macmee

I'm running Leopard and want to use the built in bluetooth in my iMac with my XP running on Fusion. I tried plugging in a usb dongle to try to patch through to Fusion but when I went to connect hardware > USB it didn't show up (other USB mice and keyboards don't show up either, it :(). I tried patching through the built in iMac bluetooth and the XP found it and tried to install it. It couldn't find the drivers for it and it failed to install. I hear you're supposed to install BootCamp drivers from the Leopard DVD. I bought this iMac after it was returned and got a discount because it was missing the Leopard disks (I plan on contacting Apple to see about getting the disk sent to me). In the meantime is there anything I can do to use my built in bluetooth with my XP in Fusion?

if it helps, I'm using an 20" Aluminum iMac.

2. bigandy macrumors G3

bigandy

Have a go with this download.

It might contain the drivers you want. :)

3. flyboybiker macrumors newbie

I am also having problems trying to get bluetooth working on my new MBP. I"m running VMware fusion with Windows XP. My bluetooth usb host controller says I need a driver. I've tried installing the drivers from Bootcamp, but the 'Apple Bluetooth Installer' fails to install.

Anyone?

4. vincentyan macrumors newbie

Have you got a solution?

I have the same problem. Have you found a solution? Thanks.

5. flyboybiker macrumors newbie

I did get it working, I finally found it after a lot of searching, and now I can't remember what I did.
    I think what I had to do, was on the mac side, in the activity monitor, if you look you will probably find a bluetooth process, I think I stopped that, and then it worked. But I can't remember for sure what I did.