VmWare Fusion detection

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by mknabster, Mar 6, 2011.

1. mknabster macrumors regular

I'm planning on getting rid of the disc burner in my computer since it is not working anymore, and installing a 2nd hard drive in there. Now I was going to be splitting this 2 drive into 3 partitions, 2 small and 1 larger. One will be a utility partition, 1 will be Linux, and the other Windows 7. Now my larger hard drive is going to be OSX only. On the OSX disc, i will have VMware fusion installed so I can access the other partitions at once if I need to. Since I would need to install Windows 7 onto the new partition on the new drive and since I don't have an internal drive, and my model of Mac doesn't support USB connected drives to install operating systems; can VMware fusion pick up the Linux and Windows partitions so I can install their operating systems on without having the physical discs? I'll be making ISOs of the discs I have so I can do this, but would Fusion by able to recognize these partitions?

2. wrldwzrd89 macrumors G5

wrldwzrd89

As far as I know, VMWare Fusion can deal with ISO files just fine. It'll gladly install an operating system into a virtual machine, using a virtual disk.