VMware Fusion - Help

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by Adsso, Feb 20, 2011.

1. Adsso macrumors newbie

Hi Everyone,

sorry to bother you but I need some help (Complete Newbie), I have been a PC person for nearly 20yrs of my life but went out the deep end and bought an IMAC, as I have heard nothing but praise for them.

I have installed VMware Fusion and put windows in and I logged into last night really quickly before I went to bed.

I miss using some of my website creating that I used to do on my pc.. When I turn my mac on tonight.. A few questions I have if someone can please answer is

1. How do I jump across to the windows OS ?
    2. Do I need to transfer the app from my external to internal mac HD
    3. Do I need winzip or is it still mac or once I goto the windows OS.. I can use normal winzip ?

sorry to ask so many noobish questions I just want to make sure I can run 3 main things from my Pc on the Mac and been told it was through Fusion which looks like the windows OS.

Please can someone help me out with these questions.

Thanks heaps in advance.

2. balamw Moderator

balamw

Staff Member

1. Depends on how yo configured things, but in general you should be able to run VMWare Fusion and start your Virtual Machine. Once you have more apps in your VM syou will ba able to double click on a document aand have it bring up the right Windows program.
    2. Depends on the app. Is this an external you previously used on a PC and did it run from the external? If so it should work fine from the external still.
    3. You can definitely run winzip in Windows, but I don't understand why anyone still needs it with the ZIP support that is in Windows and additional archive support in 7-zip. (Actually you didn't say which version of Windows you are using).

Have you considered looking at the website creation/management tools that are available for the Mac? Besides iWeb, which came with your Mac, there are many other tools you could use. What were you using on Windows?

B