VMWare Fusion Help?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by cis4life, Mar 14, 2009.

1. cis4life macrumors regular

I finally have my new macbook up and fully running. I have installed VMWare Fusion, and trying to decide should I boot camp and connect it to vmware or just a simple vmware virt machine.

I need to be able to connect to my network drives. If I just do a simple VM Ware Virt machine, would I be able to connect onto my wireless network drives (NAS Network Storage)

or would I need to have a full bootcamp partition to do this. I remember having trouble before with a virt machine, I don't know if this was the way it was or if I was doing something wrong?

Let me know if you all can connect to your wireless drives via a vm ware virt machine?

Thanks

2. alexbates macrumors 65816

alexbates

I'm sure you still should be able to connect to wireless HD's using VMware.

I use both VMware and Bootcamp. Its really just your preference. If you want to save RAM, use Bootcamp. If you want to have both Windows and OS X open at the same time, use VMware Fusion.

3. Bill Gates macrumors 68020

Bill Gates

VMware with Boot Camp is much (++) slower than with a virtual hard disk, so keep that in mind when you make your decision.

4. MurphyM macrumors 6502

I use VMWare because I can sleep my Windows session instead of waiting for it to reboot when using Bootcamp.

You can convert a Bootcamp install to a real VM.