VMWare Fusion Preorder

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by Kevv Dogg, Jun 12, 2007.

1. Kevv Dogg macrumors newbie

It looks like VMWare just released a preorder for Fusion:

http://www.vmware.com/beta/fusion/

Its only $40 US, and they claim that it will be out before the end of August. What do you think? Should I go for this instead of the new Parallels?

2. frolo macrumors newbie

VMWare looks decent, but for me, I think I'll wait until August gets nearer before deciding to buy it. From the website, it looks like they'll still be offering the preorders until late August.

3. MacDonaldsd macrumors 65816

MacDonaldsd

Bargain :D

Just difficult to decide between parallels and vmware.

4. Wolfpup macrumors 68030

VMWare's Fusion launches in August-$40 for preorders

http://www.eweek.com/article2/0,1895,2144758,00.asp?kc=EWKNLNAV061207FEA1

I haven't personally used it, but a (very smart :) )coworker thinks it's a better than Parallels, and it looks like they are pricing it comparably to Parallels (I guess the Windows equivalent costs more).

Thought I'd post this in case anyone wants to get in on the half price preorder price. I'd probably do it if it I could get a MBP :mad:

http://www.eweek.com/article2/0,1895,2144758,00.asp?kc=EWKNLNAV061207FEA1

I hope they (and Parallels) provide free updates for 10.5, if any are needed.

5. xUKHCx Administrator emeritus

xUKHCx

thanks for the info, the level of support from VMware probably means money will be heading there way.

Link

6. Celeron macrumors 6502a

Placed an order on this as soon as I found out it was available for pre-order. VMware's products are great on Windows / Linux. VMware Fusion, which I use exclusively, is shaping up to be another winner. If you pre-order now you can get the license key and use in the vmware fusion beta. It will also work (obviously) on VMware Fusion 1.0.

7. Bill Gates macrumors 68020

Bill Gates

I have used both Parallels and VMware, and have found VMware to be the superior product. With a price of only $40, it's a bargain. I'll be buying a copy.

8. Westside guy macrumors 601

Westside guy

I just pre-ordered VMware Fusion 1.0.

So long and good riddance, Parallels - I'd send a farewell note to your tech support address, but based on past experience I don't think anyone would actually ever read it...

9. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

10. Bern macrumors 68000

Bern

Doh! I just bought Vista Home Premium and neither VMware or Parallels support it.

11. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

Technically it's because Microsoft doesn't support it. You need an expensive one for VM support.

12. Wolfpup macrumors 68030

Yeah, you need Vista Business or Ultimate to run it inside a virtual machine. It's one of the things Microsoft randomly changes about Vista to sell it for different price points.