VMWare Fusion problems

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by harmeet45, Aug 9, 2012.

1. harmeet45 macrumors newbie

Jul 22, 2012
    Hey guys, just having some trouble with my late 2011 15" MacBook Pro( 8GB RAM, Quad Core i7 2.4GHZ, 750 GB Storage, OSX 10.8)

When I run Windows 7 Ultimate 32 bit(legit copy) on VMWare Fusion, the color schemes are Windows Basic, file transfer is slow, and I cant play any games such as Minecraft, even though I have ticked 3D acceleration. I have allotted 2 cores and 4GB RAM to my virtual machine! Can you please help by telling me why this is happening, any settings I should change(more cores, more ram, resolution etc) to make it faster? So far I think that since the Mac OS X system is 64 bit, the 32 bit windows might have something to do with it.
    Thanks if you can help!
  2. Mikewh macrumors member

Jul 18, 2012
    Nampa, ID
    Try reinstalling VMWARE tools

good luck
  3. sixcylinders macrumors newbie

Aug 24, 2012

I've had similar problems that have been occurring since I ever installed VMWare Fusion (including a paid upgrade to version 4).

Specifically, I've used the software to try a run Windows 7 on 2 new MacBooks and on both machines it grinds everything running to a near halt. Fiddling with RAM and processer allocations made no difference.

VMWare deny their software is flawed and refused a refund of money I effectively poured down the drain.

They made attempts to login to my machine having arranged a specific time but their engineer failed to appear.

I would not recommend anyone wastes their money on VMWare Fusion.

Hello Matthew,

Thank you for your Support Request and I apologize for the delayed response as Keerthi is on sick leave today

Hello Matthew,

Thank you for your Support Request and I apologize for the delay in response. I have taken the ownership of the support request temporarily as "Keerthi" is on sick leave today

Hello Matthew,

I understand that you are looking for a refund for Fusion 4 as the Mac is freezing and running slow when fusion is on.

I see the product was purchased on 9/17/11 which is close to 11 months now and hence refund is not possible at this point of time.