VMWARE Fusion Question

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by yomibro, Mar 19, 2008.

1. yomibro macrumors regular

I was wondering if anyone is having the same issue that I have with Fusion, for some odd reason every time I start up Fusion there are always multiple selections for Bootcamp but only one of them works. If I delete the ones that don't work, shutdown the machine and the next time I start Fusion they appear again. Also I seem to have to re-activate Office every single time I start it, not sure why but this is also becoming a big pain.

Any ideas?

2. pastrychef macrumors 601

pastrychef

Yes, that happened to me, too. I never fixed it. I just leave three of them there even though only one works...

I don't know about Office. I don't have it installed.

3. steveza macrumors 68000

steveza

That's odd - I noticed that Outlook (in Fusion) asked for activation last night. I don't have my MBP with me right now but I'll check if it does it again later.

4. yomibro thread starter macrumors regular

The only thing that I can think why Office keeps prompting me to re-activate could be because I keep deleting the non-usable Bootcamp entries and the system thinks there has been some type of config change big enough to warrant a re-activation request?

Maybe this bug will be fix in the next Fusion revision.

5. steveza macrumors 68000

steveza

Well my Outlook started up without asking for activation so you might be on the right track.