Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

VMWare Fusion Questions: Delete ISO? Two installs with same Win 10 Key?

maclogon789

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 25, 2020
Hi,

I tried VMWare Fusion, and have some questions:

- The ISO is showing up in Documents at around 5GB. Can this be deleted, or is it used by the system?
- If the install is on the Macbook under Fusion, can I use the same Win 10 key to also install on an external Bootcamp drive? I read that Windows checked hardware info, in which case it would be the same (other than the drive). My reason is so that I can use the onboard Fusion with a small partition for convenience, with boot onto the external drive for better performance.
- Where under the Mac system info do I see the drive space allotted to Fusion?

Thank you

chrfr

macrumors G4
Jul 11, 2009
Hi,

I tried VMWare Fusion, and have some questions:

- The ISO is showing up in Documents at around 5GB. Can this be deleted, or is it used by the system?
- If the install is on the Macbook under Fusion, can I use the same Win 10 key to also install on an external Bootcamp drive? I read that Windows checked hardware info, in which case it would be the same (other than the drive). My reason is so that I can use the onboard Fusion with a small partition for convenience, with boot onto the external drive for better performance.
- Where under the Mac system info do I see the drive space allotted to Fusion?

Thank you
You don't need to keep the ISO unless you need to reinstall Windows. The virtual machine and Boot Camp are two completely different Windows installations. Windows will not treat them as the same system.
Check the space used in the virtual machine settings within Fusion. You can compact the virtual machine there as well to reclaim space.

Reactions: maclogon789
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.