VMWare Fusion running ok under Leopard?

DizzyRose

macrumors regular
Oct 17, 2007
Barrowford, UK
Yes, it runs fine. However, when you first start it in Leopard, it asks you to download an update, which is in beta. It will run absolutley fine after that :)

Comment

sir42

macrumors 6502
Sep 16, 2003
NY, NY
I can no longer connect to my network in the virtual machine. Is anyone else getting this?

Comment

Malcster

macrumors 6502a
Apr 26, 2005
Bristol, UK
Runs like a champ! Groovy in its own desktop with Spaces too :)

As above poster said, make sure you get the 1.1 RC from the website before you run tho.

Comment

webgoat

macrumors 6502a
Sep 20, 2007
Austin, TX
running xp pro with fusion build 61385 and everything is perfect... although i really haven't tested unity at all since running windows full screen in its own "space" is amazing

Comment

sir42

macrumors 6502
Sep 16, 2003
NY, NY
Getting the same thing. Running vista ult. and cannot connect to network or internet. Ran fine under tiger and currently using v1.1 of fusion.

After upgrading I had to reinstall VMWare Tools (or something like that). It was in one of the drop down menus on the menu bar. After that I was able to connect to the network.

Comment

bplein

macrumors 6502a
Jul 21, 2007
Austin, TX USA
For those that can't connect to the vmnet device (networking broken).

Install the 1.1 RC version over your existing. It will rebuild the VMnet devices and all will be good....

I had this problem on two different machines, and installing Fusion 1.1 over the old install helped in both cases.

Comment

mountainman

macrumors member
Sep 13, 2007
North of Denver, Colorado
Running the latest 1.1RC it works great most of the time. I have had it lock up 2 times where I couldn't even do a force quite on it though. I have it's virtual machines excluded from TM and it was not doing a backup at the time of the lockups so I don't believe that was the problem. It's been running now for about 24 hours without another lockup so they seem to be pretty random.

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.