VMware Fusion with Vista

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by diamondapple, Jul 1, 2009.

1. diamondapple macrumors newbie

Hi, thanks for visiting. I've searched online about this problem but I couldn't seem to find much help.

I am running OS 10.5.7 on a 2.8 GHz Pro. When I partitioned my drive and allotted 80GB to be used by Boot Camp for Windows Vista 64-bit. Whenever I run Boot Camp, Vista works fine with no problems.

However, when I installed the latest VMware Fusion software, I constantly receive error messages and the blue screen followed by a black screen asking if I want to start Windows in Safe Mode, etc.

It won't go away. I don't get why. This took so long to configure and now its not even working.

I attached a screen capture of the BSOD.

Could someone please tell me what I can do to fix this problem? Thanks a million.

Attached Files:

2. jdechko macrumors 68040

So Vista(BC) is completely shut down, right? Not sleeping or hibernating or anything that might cause some errors?

If it's not, I would try uninstalling Fusion, deleting the VM and start over from scratch with it.

3. diamondapple thread starter macrumors newbie

Yes when I was on Boot Camp - Vista, I selected restart with Mac on the Boot Camp icon down near the system tray. So I am assuming that system is off, and now I am on my Mac. Should I reinstall VMware? Would this really solve the problem? Thanks again.

4. jdechko macrumors 68040

I think reinstalling VMWare is the best option at this point. One common cause of BSOD is hardware issues. Since you're in a VM, and this only happens within the VM we know that it could not be physical hardware, so that leaves the virtualized hardware. I hate asking this, and please don't take this the wrong way, but did you follow the instructions from VMWare when setting up your VM?

5. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

Yeah, sounds like something is corrupted

I would agree that reinstalling and setting up your VM fresh is probably the best answer at this point

Woof, Woof - Dawg [​IMG]