vmware/ parallels help

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by stephenxiii, Aug 18, 2011.

1. stephenxiii, Aug 18, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 18, 2011

stephenxiii macrumors regular

stephenxiii

I finally got Lion today and i ran into some trouble when trying to install windows 7 vis vmware and parallels.
    Where id get an error message:

The master boot record (MBR) of this virtual machine's hard disk does not contain valid bootstrap code.

It is likely that the MBR was corrupted by an incorrect guest operating system installation or some other reason. The virtual machine cannot continue and will now power off. (For advanced users: the MBR is the last disk sector accessed by the virtual machine before the error.) Please consult our Web site at "http://vmware.com/info?id=18" for common troubleshooting help.

2. neilhart macrumors 6502

neilhart

I have used the migration assistant to bring VMware Fusion over from the Snow Lepoard partition. The VMs are on a common partition so do not need to be moved. VMware is happy although it did detect that each VM was moved or copied (I respond with copied).

Installing directly in Lion maybe another story.

neil

3. stephenxiii thread starter macrumors regular

stephenxiii

I never had it installed on Snow Leopard, so its just a fresh instal on Lion it installs VMware but its only when windows installs i have the problem

Anyone else have any idea