VMWare settings change

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by TuffLuffJimmy, Jul 3, 2008.

1. TuffLuffJimmy macrumors G3

TuffLuffJimmy

I had installed a copy of Windows Vista Ultimate on my macbook. I then installed VMWare and under VMWare installed the virtual machine tools on Windows. I noticed that after I booted into windows (not in VMWare) the resolution was off. Whice was fine as I just changed it in the control panel. However my windows are no longer glass and none of the aero effects are on. Where do I look to enable aero effects? Or has something gone wrong? The last time I used VMWare (I had to reformat my hard drive) I don't recall this happening.

2. TuffLuffJimmy thread starter macrumors G3

TuffLuffJimmy

I hate to bump threads, but this seems like a pretty easy fix. One significant problem with this is that when I look in the appearance panel it doesn't look at all like it does on the documentation on the windows support pages (the way it looked before letting VMWare install it's tools).

3. TuffLuffJimmy thread starter macrumors G3

TuffLuffJimmy

I know people kick you in the face over things like this, but I'm going to have to bump this again. I find it unlikely that absolutely no one knows how to remedy the situation, I'd really hate to have to do a full reinstall.

4. Infrared macrumors 68000

Infrared

Code:
    Control Panel -> 
      Window Color and Appearance -> 
        Open classic appearance properties for more options
    You should see aero listed. Select and apply.

Good luck.