VMWare Unable to activate Shared Folder

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by rhett7660, Jan 1, 2009.

1. rhett7660 macrumors G4

rhett7660

Hello...

I have several folders shared over to my windows XP. I am trying to add another one but it won't let me select it. I can see where the check mark is supposed to go but it won't let me put a check mark in it. Any suggestions?

Windows XP Pro SP2
    Fusion 2.0
    Mac OS X 10.5.6

I added a picture so you can see what I am referring to.

Thanks

Attached Files:

2. rhett7660 thread starter macrumors G4

rhett7660

I have tried a few other solutions that I found on the net but nothing seems to be working. I can't find if there is a limit on the amount of shares one can have in vm either. Still open to any suggestions anyone here has.

Thanks

3. bassplayer13 macrumors newbie

Is it a parent/child folder on one you already have shared?

4. rhett7660 thread starter macrumors G4

rhett7660

Nope. It is just a folder on a single hard drive all by itself. Nothing else above it.

5. Cliff3 macrumors 65816

Cliff3

FWIW, I tried to reproduce your problem yesterday and couldn't - I was able to create a set of shares named identically to yours. I also searched a bit on the VMWare knowledgebase and came up with nothing that seemed relevant. Have you tried removing the share and adding it back in? Restarting the VM and/or your Mac?

edit: I'm running sp3 for XP, and 2.01 for Fusion.

6. rhett7660 thread starter macrumors G4

rhett7660

Cliff...

Yes I have done that a couple of times. Each time it does what the pictures shows. It is there but it will not let me select it. I went to the server the folder resides on which is also where the other folders are and they are all setup the same with the same permissions. I then went back to my Mac Pro and made sure they are setup the same with permissions etc. They are. I am at a loss as to why it won't let me click on it. Very strange.... Driving me nuts.