VMware windows 7 Piracy Issue

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by dumb, Jun 21, 2011.

1. dumb macrumors member

I have a boot camp partition for my Windows 7 and I use VMware fusion to access that partition.
    Lately I started getting this prompt from Windows which tells I may be a victim of Piracy. If I run the validation tool, it does not like my Serial Key.
    However, when I boot into the Windows Partition (w/o VMware) and if I run the windows Validation, it validates my copy and everything is fine. But if I run windows from VMware I get the same prompts again.

P.S I do have a valid copy of windows 7. I updated it to SP1 and vmware to the latest version also.

2. odinsride macrumors 65816

odinsride

You will need to call MS and explain your situation. Had the same issue and a quick call to MS fixed it

3. chrfr macrumors 603

You need to install VMWare Tools in Windows otherwise you will continue to be prompted for reactivation.

4. dumb thread starter macrumors member

Thanks, I did the automated activation, it was successful.
    @chrfr I had that installed, also tried this link, which was a complete waste of time.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...tual-and/06e8b53a-a5ca-414c-9e8a-bd671f11e81b

now i gotta reboot into bootcamp partition to see if there is a conflict.