VMWare won't recognize my wireless mighty mouse

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by Braby, Aug 22, 2007.

1. Braby macrumors member

When it boots Windows, the mighty mouse won't even work on OS X either, what do I do?

2. mchank macrumors regular

Did you try switching off the mighty mouse and back on? I had this problem occasionally and it corrected it. Also do you have the tools and bluetooth module installed in VMWare also?

3. micvog macrumors 6502

micvog

Sounds like VMWare/Bluetooth has taken control of your Bluetooth adapter resulting in OS X not seeing your mouse (since it has handed over BT to VMWare) and Windows not knowing what to do with it (I don't think there is a Wireless MM driver for Windows). Let OS X control Bluetooth, and it should pass the mouse inputs over without any special setup.

4. Braby thread starter macrumors member

5. micvog macrumors 6502

micvog

In the bottom of your VMWare window you will have a number of USB icons... make sure the icon for your Bluetooth is not "on". In the attached picture, blue is "on"; gray is "off". The screen capture doesn't show my mouse cursor, but it is hovering over one of the USB icons.

Attached Files:

6. Braby thread starter macrumors member

I understand, but it won't even let me get to that screen without Windows booting up and it disables my bluetooth mouse.

7. mchank macrumors regular

Did you enable Bluetooth in the setup screen of Fusion? If that doesn't work, plug in a usb mouse and enable bluetooth in the Fusion window.