VNC...Almost There! Help!

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by thouts, Nov 7, 2008.

1. thouts macrumors regular

thouts

I've got ultra vnc installed on my office PC. I've got chicken of the VNC installed as a viewer on my MBP. I've made the connection between the two machines and can see my office PC from my Mac. BUT I think because of the screen resolution of my pc i have to scroll up and down on my mac to see the whole screen! very annoying. I saw an option on ultra vnc that you can set the screen ratio...now is set at 1/1 and i get the scrolling...if i set it to 1/2 the full screen displays but is very small/hard to see. anyone have any experience with this?

2. MarkMS macrumors 6502a

Have you tried keeping the 1:1 ratio, but changing the PC's resolution within CotVNC? (i.e., Right-click on desktop>Properties>Settings tab)

I do something similar, but with Screen Sharing within Leopard. I have a screen resolution of 1680x1050 on my iMac and 1440x900 on my MBP. In order to be able to access files from the iMac when I'm out, I change its resolution to 1280x800 so it fits into the 1440x900. When I'm done I just change it back to 1680x1050 and logout.

3. zachsilvey macrumors 6502

I was having this issue at school today, thank you for that solution. sorry for stealing your thread