VNC Client

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by NorCalLights, Jun 14, 2007.

1. NorCalLights macrumors 6502a

Hey all... what are you using for your VNC client these days? I'm looking for a good one to run on my Intel Mac.

Thanks...

2. bmcgonag macrumors 65816

bmcgonag

3. murfle macrumors regular

Maybe I just didn't configure it properly, but I was using CotVNC to connect to a windows box connected to the same switch as my Mac Pro, and it ran slow as heck. I could see the mouse moving on the other windows display almost realtime, but it took a couple seconds to update on my Mac... I tried adjusting the settings, and it only got worse... Even with going to 256 colors. :/

I ended up just running TightVNC client on windows in my VMWare instance. Everything moved close to realtime.

I should also add the VNC server on windows was TightVNC as well... CotVNC did give the option of what protocol to use, and I disabled all but tightvnc's, and still no improvement...

4. theBB macrumors 68020

theBB

If you are trying to connect to a Windows box, why don't you download Remote Desktop from MS website? It needs to run under Rosetta, so it is a bit slow, but it worked well enough for me.