VNC Connection

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by sergiuria, Dec 22, 2008.

1. sergiuria macrumors 6502a

sergiuria

Could someone teach me how to establish a VNC connection to my computer? I bought VNC from the app store, but can't get it to work.

Any help is deeply appreciated

2. neesh0 macrumors 6502a

neesh0

on mac or windows? For windows you will have to setup a vnc server, I used vnc viewer 4:http://www.realvnc.com/ it takes about 5 minutes to setup then you are good to go.

3. sergiuria thread starter macrumors 6502a

sergiuria

4. samiwas macrumors 65816

Being highly vague in your questions usually does not bring many responses. Try to explain more about the app you downloaded, the type of mac that you have, OS version, etc etc. Any extra info will help.

If I just answer.."Go to System Preferecnces", does that help? Nope. Too vague.

So go to "Sharing" and turn on "Screen Sharing". You will get a vnc address to connect with. But that may only work over local networks. I don't know what to do to use VNC from the outside.

5. nimda0 macrumors 6502

nimda0

How about this: You utilize youtube, google, and the vnc website to find the information you need instead of begging people on macrumors.com to help you.

BOOM! Question answered, problem solved, nobody gets hurt.

6. 4np macrumors 6502a

4np

7. Aurial macrumors 6502

I'm not sure which VNC client you're using but I'm running Jaadu VNC which is excellent. On their website they have step by step instructions on how to set up VNC between your phone and your computer, whether you're running Windows or OS X.

Even if this isn't the VNC client you've got for your phone the steps will be somewhat similar so I recommend heading over to their site. They show you how to connect to your computer from outside your home also.

I don't have any affiliation with them but if anyone is looking for a VNC client I highly recommend it. Quite expensive though at £14.99

8. deadsouls macrumors regular

seriously. you'd think with all the info available to people right at their fingertips they'd actually utilize it for themselves. but no, idiots still want to be babied and have some moronic need to ask an incredibly simple question that a quick google search could have told them.

9. Robby9279 macrumors regular

How did you do that? :p

10. sergiuria thread starter macrumors 6502a

sergiuria

I couldn't find it, that's why I asked you ass hole

11. cjm3113 macrumors 6502

http://letmegooglethatforyou.com/

If you click on mine..it is the first link.

12. fabian9 macrumors 65816

fabian9

no need for profanity.

it really is pretty easy to do if you follow the instructions given above. go to system prefs - sharing - enable screen sharing. type the vnc address it gives you into your vnc app on your iphone and you're good to go. if you're not on the same network (like wanting to access your computer through a 3G connection) you'll probably have to do some port forwarding on your router.

fabian