VNC in DP4?

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by DaffyDuck, Jun 15, 2011.

1. DaffyDuck macrumors 6502

Has anyone got this working? Vine server and RealVNC server don't work. That is understandable I guess but I can't even get the built-in server to work with any clients on my iOS devices.

Has anyone figured out how to VNC into their computer from any other device that is not also running Lion?

2. gumblecosby macrumors 6502

No, screen sharing is not working yet. Im on a macbook 5,2 by the way.

3. Doc. Caliban macrumors member

I found a work-around for the Lion VNC issue:

Like others, I have found that I can no longer connect to my Mac via VNC since the Lion DP's 'broke' the functionality. The reason is that the Lion server can handle multiple user connections now, so if you are already logged in and then try to connect remotely, it won't work.

However, if you log out of your account on the Mac first, then try connecting remotely, it will work fine. Keep in mind that if you disconnect without logging out first, you will have to go to the Mac and manually log out before you'll be able to connect via VNC again. I'm sure that there will be VNC clients that can deal with this before long, but in the mean time, this works fine.

-Doc

4. cokecan69 macrumors newbie

RealVNC working for me -- now..

1. Obviously, make sure you have VNC viewers may control and a password set in Remote Management.
    2. Make sure you are logged out of server, as suggested above.
    3. Make sure you are in full "colour" mode. Real would not connect in other color modes period.
    4. Connect to the server.

At this point you should be able to conect over and over again -- but there is something that breaks it. Not sure if certaing apps do it, still playing.

-Brian

5. hecklerxkoch macrumors newbie

Finally an answer! I was finally able to log in to my Mac from realvnc on the same network. Thank you!

However I was not able to specify the port nor log in from outside the network. Before the upgrade I had open ports forwarded to my computer and to my wifes computer for access outside the network, however, since the upgrade this doesn't work either...any ideas?

Great job on finding this solution...btw...this is the only place I've found with the solution...