VNC remote app allows flash player on iphone.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ronsju, Dec 28, 2008.

1. ronsju macrumors newbie

I just recently downloaded the VNC remote control for my my iphone. When I took over my mac from my iphone, I was able to play a flash video on my iphone. It was slightly choppy but it did the trick. Unfortunately, it stopped periodically but it still moved in slow motion. Anybody know any other apps that allow flash to play smoothly and clearly.

2. PoitNarf macrumors 65816

PoitNarf

Such is the nature of any remote control application. WinAdmin, VNC and a number of other apps allow you to control a computer remotely and see and control whatever is on that computer. This hardly qualifies for "flash player on iphone". Going by that logic I could say that I can run Java and Vista on my iPhone.

3. nickspohn macrumors 68040

nickspohn

You are basically saying, you plugged a DVD player into a TV, and the TV is the one playing the DVD's.

4. kolax macrumors G3

The quality is dreadful (playback smoothness) especially over 3G. Not so bad over WiFi, especially at low resolutions though.

5. nimda0 macrumors 6502

nimda0

Huh? No...

It's more like saying his TV is playing a movie, when his laptop is playing the dvd, and he has it connected to an external television.

6. kolax macrumors G3

Nah, it's more like having a camera in front of the laptop streaming the movie to his TV and saying the movie is playing on his TV.

7. leez macrumors regular

leez

Hmm, but it does the job, doesn't it ? You need to watch a movie which is in flash and you are able to do that ;p :). Anyway, another workaround...

8. kolax macrumors G3

No it doesn't.

It means you have to have your computer on with screen sharing enabled which is pretty unsecure.

This is no work-a-round. That's like saying I can play the latest games on the iPhone by using VNC to control my Mac's screen.

9. deadsouls macrumors regular

10. leez macrumors regular

leez

:). At the end of the day, we all need flash for the iPhone anyway. I know, that VNC is not the solution.... but it gives you access to the information, you need (I'm watching my local TV news as a flash movie). I'm not using my iPhone for that (with VNC), but I want to be able to do that in the future.

If Apple doesn't give you flash, you either: don't use it or look for a workaround to be able to GET WHAT YOU NEED. In this case, VNC is one of them, not for me, maybe not for you, but for the OP it is.

11. kolax macrumors G3

You can't be serious.

I don't think you have a clue how daft this "solution" is..

12. leez macrumors regular

leez

I know, never used it and never will. I want flash... But give the OP some happy times.

13. ppc750fx macrumors 65816

You don't need Flash.

You may want Flash, but you don't need it.

And frankly, I think the entire Web ecosystem is better off without Flash.

14. fishmoose macrumors 68000

Oh yes the web would be a better place without flash, it's so slow I don't want it on my phone!

I think the next HTML standard will have better ways of implenting videos so maybe flash will die?

15. kolax macrumors G3

Adobe Air will be the next big thing to sweep the net.

16. Compile 'em all macrumors 601

Compile 'em all

:D

17. fishmoose macrumors 68000

Yeah I have a few air apps and it's pretty cool, your probably right on that!
    Air works good on OS X to which flash dosen't to be honest.

18. ppc750fx macrumors 65816

Yay! More proprietary, single-vendor solutions! That'll fix the problem _for sure_!

19. kolax macrumors G3

Fix what problem?

20. ppc750fx macrumors 65816

The problems that we see with Flash.

21. vw195 macrumors 6502

Silverlight FTW

22. ppc750fx macrumors 65816

<facepalm>