VNC that supports dragging/painting without an extra tap?

Discussion in 'iPad Apps' started by nagromme, Apr 8, 2011.

1. nagromme macrumors G5

nagromme

I’d like to use my iPad (Wacom Cintiq-style) for the occasional simple freehand work in Mac apps like Photoshop. I’d use VNC to show the Mac’s screen on the iPad (the slight lag is fine for my purposes).

I love iTeleport, and use it to control my Mac all the time, BUT the two ways it handles dragging are not suitable for drawing:

1. You can move the cursor trackpad-style. Great for non-drawing purposes.

or 2. You can enable Touchscreen mode, and directly touch with a finger (or stylus) the spot you want. Sounds great... except it cannot DRAG unless you do an extra tap first. (Just like dragging on a trackpad.) Without the extra tap, it thinks you want to pan the image.

I did try painting with Photoshop via iTeleport, consciously doing that extra tap before each stroke, and the experiment proved the concept of what I want to do... but I have to get rid of that extra tap!

Thanks for any leads.

2. newdeal macrumors 68020

Splashtop when you drag is like a click drag

3. nagromme thread starter macrumors G5

nagromme

Bookmarked! Thanks.

I didn’t test it yet because it needs a special app running on the Mac, rather than just using standard VNC/Screen Sharing. I’d prefer not to run something else (iTeleport has a helper app but it’s optional). Still, it’s good to know of this option, and I could run the Splashtop server app only at certain times.