VNC *to* iPhone?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Xorro, Aug 11, 2009.

1. Xorro macrumors regular

Xorro

I am looking for a way of remotely controlling my iPhone. Everytime I touch the phone my boss accuses me of playing with it! Yet, if anyone else uses a 'normal' phone to send a text he says nothing :mad:

So... is there an application that will allow me to remotely use the iPhone from my (Windows) desktop?

When I had a Windows Mobile device I used MyMobiler which did exactly what I wanted.

BTW, my iPhone is not jailbroken.

Thanks.

2. The Californian macrumors 68040

The Californian

The best application I can think of would be your knee to his balls. Sound good to anyone else?

3. colmaclean macrumors 68000

colmaclean

Would sound good for 5 seconds and then you'd need a "Find Me a New Job" app...

Anyway, I know you can remote desktop FROM the iPhone TO another device. Don't think it can be performed vice-versa (would require a VNC server running in the background on your phone).

4. VulchR macrumors 68020

VulchR

Ask your company to provide you a work phone....

5. whooleytoo macrumors 603

whooleytoo

Next time your boss calls you on your mobile, don't answer. You don't want him to think you're playing with the phone, do you?

I doubt there's any App Store solution - it's possible it might violate the terms of the SDK. Veency is one option though, if you jailbreak your phone. Never tried Veency (or jailbreaking, for that matter!) so no idea how good it is.

6. cridiron macrumors member

Lol, I have the same situation and there is an excellent solution, however, your phone must be jailbroken. Once it is jailbroken, install Veency from Cydia. You have two options to connect to your iPhone. Either VNC to the IP address of your iPhone when it is on your wifi network, or set up internet tethering via USB cable and VNC to 192.168.20.1.

Hope that helps!

7. thep33t macrumors regular

First: There is a jailbreak app called Veency, it is a VNC Server for your iPhone. Iphone must be jailbroken.
    Now for the second part:
    Download a VNC CLient for your computer @ work(yep, your gonna have to install software)
    Are you on wifi @ work, or on 3g?
    If Wifi: Type in your iphones IP Address, click accept, and wham, instant control.
    If 3g: It is more complicated, and requires setting up additional software (namely, a ssh server) on your work computer. Will explain it more if you need me to.

8. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

How about not playing with your phone at all during work and use it only on breaks or when you're out? I dont think any company would pay you or anyone to use their personal cellphone on their time.
    Is it worth getting in trouble or losing your job once they find out you installed software that connects to your iphone and you're still using it thru your work computer?

9. thep33t macrumors regular

My boss is the one that told me to find something like that in the first place... I think I am ok.