Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jason2811

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 8, 2006
I'm currently downloading the torrent file for a film and its in .VOB (as well as a bunch of other files) format at about 4.5GB. Can I then take these .VOB files and run them through Handbrake to get a .MP4 file that is less than 2GB? Thanks.

jason2811

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 8, 2006
Can you help me with that? What would be the best settings for a video that will look DVD-quality and play on BOTH my HDTV and iPhone? Thanks.

sushi

Moderator emeritus
Jul 19, 2002
キャンプスワ&#
The latest version of Handbrake has happy fun presets for the AppleTV and iPhone.
These make it very easy.

Can you help me with that? What would be the best settings for a video that will look DVD-quality and play on BOTH my HDTV and iPhone? Thanks.
As for myself, I have a custom setting that I use so that I can play on an iPod, computer display (ACD), or someday via Apple TV. Personally, I don't like encoding multiple times. I prefer one time for all of my uses.

jason2811

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 8, 2006
sushi, can you PLEASE post me a screenshot of your customized setting? because it is PERFECT for what I'm looking for.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.