Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

muxbox

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 30, 2009
After months of hard work, apple has finally passed our latest invention.

VoCal - Voice Calendar Push, fuses a dictaphone with a calendar and can alert you using apples push notifications service.

We believe what we have created here, is the speediest way to store and save a reminder in your busy life.

Personally i could never be bothered to open my iCal and type in a reminder, and then kept forgetting things. Now i can just use my voice and not have to navigate lots of choice boxes before saving my event.

You can get the app by following this link to our website which explains more about it.

Thanks for your support.

Not sure how to link direct to the app store.

www.gzero.com

vocal.png

sinsin07

macrumors 68040
Mar 28, 2009
Actually i just checked USA reviews and realized they are different to the UK reviews.

Did you post us that 5 star USA review? If so thanks

Nope, sorry not me. As I started to click on the Buy button I noticed to the right something about free, 3 months, subscription. At that point everything got foggy...,

Edit: Big ups to your icon designer. Nicely done.

normwood

macrumors 6502a
Sep 12, 2008
In a house...duh!
Nope, sorry not me. As I started to click on the Buy button I noticed to the right something about free, 3 months, subscription. At that point everything got foggy...,

Edit: Big ups to your icon designer. Nicely done.

This looks interesting but not sure why the subscription rate in the US App store is listed in pounds.

Steve

muxbox

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 30, 2009
App looks cool. I like the concept

Thanks, we like to think that aswell ourselves. It's quite hooky once you get used to using it regular.

With regard to the USA description. Something has gone wrong as we can update all the worldwide descriptions except for some mysterious reason for the USA App Store.

I'll place new description below as price is also incorrect.

We've tried to keep prices low and hope to bring them even lower as we recoup economies of scale. Our push system is very robust but that has come at an expense.

Please find updated description below until we manage to find out how to sort out the problem in the app store.

An iPhone First! New kind of app never seen before on iPhone App Store using 3.0 Features!

YOUR OWN PERSONAL REMINDER/DIARY SYSTEM THAT REQUIRES NO TEXT INPUT! (USE YOUR VOICE INSTEAD)

Fastest way to store and set a reminder in the App Store

Have your messages alert you even when the app is switched off!

A simple and ingenious tool to help you organize your everyday life.

“The first truly usable reminder app I have ever seen on iPhone” - a successful businessman

Using Apple's new push notification technology, VoCal cleverly fuses a Dictaphone, Calendar and Alarm system into one.

Easy as 1 2 3

1. Quickly record a reminder using your voice
2. Set the time and date for the reminder to alert you
3. Save and close the app

Features:

Push Notifications Alerts*
Unlimited reminders/record time
Auto Record
Optional Auto Private playback
Full calendar viewer
Play all day events
Editable Snooze function
Speedy Design
Simplified layout
Data stays private - No recordings sent to anybody
Auto purge your old reminders
Automatic subscription transfer**
No usernames or passwords to remember

Coming Soon in v1.1
Repeat Reminders for those regular todo's
A new alert tone
+ anything we and our users think will further improve the app

*First three months included, subscription required thereafter at only £2.39 / $3.99 per year.
**You must backup and restore using iTunes to transfer your subscription to your new iPhone.

Push Subscription options:

3 Months £0.59 / $0.99
6 Months £1.19 / $1.99
12 Months £2.39 / $3.99
24 Months £3.49 / $5.99

Cell/mobile network or wifi connection required to receive push reminder alerts.

iPod touch requires a mic for voice recordings and a wifi connection to receive pushes

People with jailbroken iPhones cannot be supported for this app. We recommend using apples official software for the best push experience

muxbox

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 30, 2009
I can do the same, ( I think) , with my Jott app.

What is this jott app called i would like to check it out and see what it can do

Cheers

Edit: I have just taken a look at jott. Great working concept, i wish them continued success. We here in the UK cannot get jott for some reason.

Also i wish to know the following.

How much does the service cost?
How fast and simple is it to setup and use for personal reminders
How does it alert you?

We also have plans on introducing more exciting services but our main focus is on simplicity. No usernames no passwords, no accounts, it all happens automatically just because you have an iPhone and iTunes, we have tried to build something that everybody can use without the frills. Pro services may appear if we deem it viable and can still keep the fast simple function. We have even kept the layout of the built in iCal just so that people can navigate around easily. Were not here to compete with the major Calendars, just to hopefully compliment them.

Again thanks for your feedback.

iCAR

macrumors member
Sep 3, 2007
california
I just downloaded this app and tried using.

I can't believe I downloaded this and didn't even see that there is a SUBSCRIPTION for this APP!!!!!!

here is a picture of the subscription page.

Well I wasted 99 cents

O'well, that's what I get for not reading, before buying it.

I wish this thread started by stating "this is a subscription app"

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 56

robdam1001

macrumors 6502a
Sep 23, 2008
What is this jott app called i would like to check it out and see what it can do

Cheers

Edit: I have just taken a look at jott. Great working concept, i wish them continued success. We here in the UK cannot get jott for some reason.

Also i wish to know the following.

How much does the service cost?
How fast and simple is it to setup and use for personal reminders
How does it alert you?

We also have plans on introducing more exciting services but our main focus is on simplicity. No usernames no passwords, no accounts, it all happens automatically just because you have an iPhone and iTunes, we have tried to build something that everybody can use without the frills. Pro services may appear if we deem it viable and can still keep the fast simple function. We have even kept the layout of the built in iCal just so that people can navigate around easily. Were not here to compete with the major Calendars, just to hopefully compliment them.

Again thanks for your feedback.

$3.95 per month
I press the Jott icon on my iphone and get a prompt, "Who do you want to Jott?", to which I would reply, "Outlook Calendar". Then I respond to each on the questions such as "What day?", "What time?", etc. Very simple to use.

I am alerted through Outlook and iphone calendar reminders.

chrbau

macrumors member
Jun 12, 2009
Ca
Calendar is free and its quite easy to use. I use it every day, pushes and syncs to mobile me and outlook and all my devices. with just a few clicks.

muxbox

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 30, 2009
$3.95 per month
I press the Jott icon on my iphone and get a prompt, "Who do you want to Jott?", to which I would reply, "Outlook Calendar". Then I respond to each on the questions such as "What day?", "What time?", etc. Very simple to use.

I am alerted through Outlook and iphone calendar reminders.

Thanks for the info. Jott sounds very nice app. Obviously $3.95 per month is $47.40 per year vs our $3.99 per year but you are getting some nice features for that like syncing and voice recognition. It does sound a little slower to work if you have to prompt everything but perhaps we are competitors to Jott, just not aware of it here in the UK.

To the other poster, I'm sorry about the subscription not being clear to you, i don't think you have wasted your money though. If you try the app and use it you may find that you like it very much.

After much thought, subscription is the only way we see that we can afford to give a reliable service at the moment, but we try to keep the price as low as possible.

muxbox

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 30, 2009
Calendar is free and its quite easy to use. I use it every day, pushes and syncs to mobile me and outlook and all my devices. with just a few clicks.

I agree, calendar is easy to use but i found that i could improve it further for speed and ease of use. I know i shouldn't but i wanted something i could do while is was driving also.

I'll list in my opinion the improvements:

If you count how many clicks it takes to set a reminder with an alert, ours is much faster
Voice is much quicker than inputting text
Our alerts are automatically set - no need to set alert for each reminder
When the reminder comes in we can snooze till later and select how long
Our app has a badge count so if you miss reminder you can always catch up when you are less busy.
Reminders stay unheard until you listen to them so it works well as a todo list

Obviously the down side is that we have to rely on push for the alerts but we have found that it is as reliable as SMS and I'm pretty happy with SMS reliability. If the network ever goes down VoCal is designed to continue working exactly as before meaning you can go in and check your reminders and get alerted if any events have just past.

The app also works without push subscription. Ie. you can still use the app for free just without the alerts. This can be useful as a voice diary or to make notes of your next days jobs. There is a play day button which plays your list of voice tasks for the day.

Thanks for the continued feedback guys. I'm off to work on some new features.

muxbox

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 30, 2009
I just downloaded this app and tried using.

I can't believe I downloaded this and didn't even see that there is a SUBSCRIPTION for this APP!!!!!!

here is a picture of the subscription page.

Well I wasted 99 cents

O'well, that's what I get for not reading, before buying it.

I wish this thread started by stating "this is a subscription app"

The app will still work without a subscription. The subscription is only for the push part of the service.

muxbox

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 30, 2009
Just wanna say thanks to all the positive feedback.

Just want to say thanks to all who have bought the app so far. We are really blown away by the sales that are happening across different countries after only 2 days in the app store.

Were mostly getting great feedback. I am starting to get lots of requests from people with Hacked iPhones.

IF YOU GUYS HAVE AN UN OFFICIALLY ACTIVATED IPHONE PLEASE DO NOT DOWNLOAD VOCAL AS IT WILL NOT WORK and please do not leave a bad review as it spoils it for all the officially activated users out there who are thinking of buying.

Once you officially activate the iPhone then you can use the app no problem.

muxbox

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 30, 2009
Check out our new video showing off the speed of our app against other reminder apps

We have just claimed the fastest way to store a quick reminder on your iPhone.
This should increase your productivity and help you in your everyday life.

Take a look for yourselves at this short video showing you how fast you set yourself a reminder so that you never forget anything again.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sKE9DoVWdJw

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.