Vodafone hates iPhone

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by iamamac, Oct 28, 2008.

1. iamamac macrumors member

I am from Italy as you all know and I have a big problem with my first gen iPhone: I've got a unlimited data plan for my iPhone who needs to be used only with the APN wap.omnitel.it, if i'll use it will iphone.omnitel.it, it will charge me and I don't want this because I've already paid for this one.
    I received the confirmation SMS this morning and I was happy, of course.
    I've set the APN (Settings-General-Network-Cellular Data Network) and then I wanted to access some web pages.
    Well, here's the problem: Safari doesn't open any web page! "safari can't open the web page because you are not currently connected to th internet :((" On WiFi it works grate but I want to browse the web from any place.
    On Mail app works grate except sending e-mail. I can even open my attachments! Send an usual e-mail,no. Maps, no. Weather, no. Stocks, no. App Store, no.
    What's wrong with him?
    I've got the unlimited plan for surfing the web, talk on messenger, etc. (not the Vodafone Live! one who has some limits).
    I have jb made on mine, 2.1, bought from USA :(
    Any suggestions?

2. forum user macrumors regular

Well, I cannot complain too much about my Vodafone iPhone. ;)
    Did you try your SIM in a different phone, just to check if it is the phone or the SIM/setup?

3. iamamac thread starter macrumors member

yeap, with my at&t worked fine once :(((

4. Quincy9219 macrumors regular

Vodaphone doesn't hate the iPhone, it just hates iPhones accessing their network through a portal not designed for them. The first gen iPhone was never released in Italy, thus your troubles.

5. iamamac thread starter macrumors member

Oh really? they accepted my imei, even if on the box it is written clearly AT&T.
    how cool is that?:cool:
    (to activate vdf iphone pack,u need to bring the box and leave it there for two hours or smth like that ;) )