Vodafone + iPhone 5

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ct2k7, Aug 29, 2011.

1. ct2k7 macrumors 603

ct2k7

Hello,

I was called up this morning by a member of the Vodafone UK staff pertaining upgrading my handset.

The person said that I could upgrade to an iPhone 5 in November (my contract runs out in October).

How am I to take this?

2. johnnyturbouk macrumors 68000

johnnyturbouk

on the yellow [oled] brick road to tech nirvana.
    Not really a cridble source - i ams ure they have certain targets to try to retain customers on their network, however, until apple officially announce the IP4, i won't hold my breath.

3 offered me an upgrade to the IP5 also - they mentioned this back in June, for Sept release date...

3. cinek macrumors 6502

4. Futhark macrumors 65816

Futhark

3 told me I'd be one of the first people to have the iPhone 4 when it was released on their network. Yes I was but what they didn't tell me was they would only have their stock weeks after the release date.

So all my mates on o2 etc had theirs several weeks before me

5. OllyW Moderator

OllyW

Staff Member

I know someone who owns an Orange Store and he's always asking me what the latest rumours are for the iPhone 5 launch. :D

6. Frenchjay macrumors 68000

Frenchjay

Can anyone tell me what the early upgrade policy is with Vodafone? I was with O2 previously and was able to pay the remainder of the contract @ 20£ a month to finish up and get the iPhone 4. I'm unsure what happens on Vodafone as this is my first year with them.

7. bandofbrothers macrumors 601

bandofbrothers

You would probably get a faster response on the vodafone e forum site.

;)

----------

I would have taken their name and asked for confirmation via official e mail from Vodafone confirming the release in November 2011.

Then armed with this off to apple I would go to boast that I knew their ip5 release date before the rest of the industry.....lol

This vodafone person has some front !!!!

8. twitt3r macrumors 6502

A mates uncle has a cousin who owns a 3 store. This person knows somebody who works at Apple who in turn has a friend who also works at Apple who has an auntie that knows when the iPhone 5 is going to launch. This source is as credible as any I've heard spewed on these forums thus far.

9. sxcJoshie macrumors newbie

I'm not sure if it's the same where you are but here in Australia the early upgrade policy for Vodafone/3 is usually 21 months. You still need to pay the remaining phone repayments but the plan payments should be waived.

10. ct2k7 thread starter macrumors 603

ct2k7

11. Hermes Monster macrumors 6502a

Hermes Monster

Probably just fishing for customer retention - I'm also with voda and they were trying to offer me an upgrade (not to ip5) 12 months in to my 18 month contract just to tie me down.

Voda had the iPhone4 at launch, and I'd expect they will have the 5 as well. The date in November will likely be a worst case scenario - I was once told their aim is to "under promise and over deliver". Almost made me vomit.

12. Frenchjay macrumors 68000

Frenchjay

I've looked at the Vodafone forums and it says you can upgrade at 70 days before you're contract expires. It does not mention how much though so i am going to give them a call tomorrow!

13. ct2k7 thread starter macrumors 603

ct2k7

Unlucky for the guy, I checked the employee directory at Vodafone, and he sure does exists. I've got his supervisor's info right here... :evil: