Vodafone UK down?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Lycanthroat, Apr 20, 2011.

1. Lycanthroat macrumors regular

Hey all.

To anyone on Vodafone UK - have they gone down for a bit or something? After work today, I realised I had one bar of my signal strength, couldn't send MMS' and the iPhone couldn't recognise my carrier anymore. I have since restored and re-JB the iPhone (it was messy and frustrating as I kept getting the 1013 error) but I am definitely on 4.3.1 JB via redsnow right now. I'm not sure if this is some strange JB error or Vodafone - I was definitely texting today at work and I didn't start messing with the iPhone until I realised I couldn't send MMS' much later.

Are there any known carrier errors that can survive a restore? When I tried to restore the iPhone, I got the 1013 error which is where things started to go wrong as well :/ I just....dunno.

Will try ringing Vodafone tomorrow as well if this hasn't cleared up.

2. awadeee macrumors 68020

awadeee

Not sure if it's related, but I had an issue earlier where I wasn't able to activate through iTunes. It's cleared now though.

3. himesh macrumors regular

Im on Voda and mine was working all day for me, think it maybe a phone related problem, unless there was a signal outage in your area?

4. Lycanthroat thread starter macrumors regular

I'm starting to believe it's a phone problem, caused by the maintainence issue with iTunes last night?

I want to restore, but I'm worried about running into the stupid error 1013. I'm not sure what to do :confused:

5. Lycanthroat, Apr 21, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 21, 2011

Lycanthroat thread starter macrumors regular

Right, I've got some spare time. Let's see if restoring from DFU mode works any better....

EDIT: Fixed :D