Vodafone UK iPhone Tethering

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by angusmcfisher, Feb 17, 2010.

1. angusmcfisher macrumors member

Hi, does anyone know how to tether an iphone 3gs on Vodafone uk? I cannot get the option to tether, and the benm.at site does not have a mobileconfig file for Vodafone. Anyone have any success or help?

2. sjdigital macrumors regular

Jailbreak and use PDANet. It should work just fine on Vodafone; it works fine on O2

3. bush1974 macrumors member

This is how I got native tethering to work on iphone 3gs voda uk:-

1) Jailbreak using blackra1n.
    2) Unlock using blacksn0w.
    3) Goto help at benm and create a custom ipcc ensuring you check enable tethering and enter the same details as is already in your settings(wap.vodafone.co.uk etc)
    4) Enjoy native tethering!

4. RandomKamikaze macrumors 6502a

RandomKamikaze

If you are gonna do the above be aware of the 1GB limit when on the iPhone tariff.

Have you downloaded the Vodafone UK Carrier settings through iTunes? If so, the Tethering option should appear, it did for me.

5. angusmcfisher thread starter macrumors member

It is already Jailbroken, but I'd rather have a native tethering, but thanks nonetheless.

I bought the iPhone off eBay already jailbroken and unlocked, but I'm not sure which tools they used, or if the unlocking was through Apple - I don't know if this makes a difference, but despite making my own with the settings, I still don't get the option to tether, although you say there is an option to enable tethering? I don't see that?

I did and it provided the option to turn on tethering, but then told me to go to the vodafone help online to enable it. After calling them I was then told that I'd have to pay £5 for 5 megs despite my tarriff being unlimited (I have a sim-only contract)

6. angusmcfisher thread starter macrumors member

So sorry for wasting your time. It worked all along, I just had to switch off and on. Many thanks for your help!

7. Magic-sid macrumors newbie

This is exactly what I'm trying to do. I'm on vodafone sim only contract and I just get a message come up telling me to visit vodafones website, is there a way for me to change settings or use Benm mobileconfig? I don't want to jailbreak my phone.

Can anyone help please?

8. MattZani macrumors 68030

MattZani

I've jailbroken and used TetherMe. Using the Vodafone app to make sure I don't go over.