VodafoneUK custom carrier logo?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by NotJohnnyQuest, Jan 29, 2010.

1. NotJohnnyQuest macrumors member

Been on a Vodafone pay as you go plan with my unlocked iPhone in England for the past couple of weeks, and I've been very pleased with everything so far.

The recent carrier settings update in iTunes was nice in that my carrier logo isn't that ugly "voda..." anymore, but I'd still like to get a nice looking Vodafone logo up there in my status bar instead. The custom logos I've downloaded from cydia don't seem to work with VodafoneUK, so what's the best way to manually put a logo in place of the "vodafoneUK" text on my status bar?

2. NotJohnnyQuest thread starter macrumors member

I've been searching on Google and looking through my iPhone directories a bit but still can't find a solution; anyone have any ideas?

3. RandomKamikaze macrumors 6502a

RandomKamikaze

Yes, find the IPCC file saved on your computer.

Change the extension from IPCC to ZIP. Extract the contents. Replace the images using the ones attached.

Don't change the names.

Change the extension from ZIP back to IPCC. Load IPCC file through iTunes

Attached Files:

4. thelatinist macrumors 603

thelatinist

You can also copy them directly into the IPCC on your phone using iFile.

5. RandomKamikaze macrumors 6502a

RandomKamikaze

That's cool. Didn't realise iFile could open the IPCC files or copy in from remote sources.

Learn something new everyday :)

6. NotJohnnyQuest thread starter macrumors member

Thanks for the help. I'd actually already been working on a couple of custom logos myself; just didn't know where to put them.

Here are my logos, if anyone's interested. Someone who knows how could put these up on Cydia as a Winterboard theme or something for others who might want them.
    Default_CARRIER_vodafone UK.png FSO_CARRIER_vodafone UK.png

And a couple examples of how they look in action:

IMG_1141.png IMG_1142.png

7. thelatinist macrumors 603

thelatinist

I should clarify. On your iPhone the the ipcc is unzipped into a carrier.bundle folder (on mine it's ATT_US.bundle). It is this folder which iFile can open and edit. You can replace the png files manually.

8. eshroom macrumors 6502

hmmmm I'm confused.

I used your logos as a base and came up with the SFR logos below.

When replacing the files in the IPCC with yours, Vodafone shows up, when replacing with mine, it reverts back to the standard SFR logo (plain text). What's wrong with my logos?

It seems the colour version works fine, but the grey version still does not...

Attached Files:

9. MrThompsonR macrumors 6502

MrThompsonR

[​IMG]

I like your "Categories" icons... Where did you get those?

10. RandomKamikaze macrumors 6502a

RandomKamikaze

Ah of course! :eek:

You would of thought I would remember that as I browsed that directory enough times

11. NotJohnnyQuest thread starter macrumors member

eshroom: Not sure why the grey version wouldn't be working. I'd suggest you make sure you have both of the files named properly. The iPhone OS might require a certain kind of .png file, too. If you saved the grayscale version of the logo in 8-bit .png format without color information or something, it might not work; try making sure you save it in the exact same format you saved the color version.

MrThompsonR: They were just some of the stock icons the categories app lets you choose from, although I actually have them set to spring jumps icons.

I may tweak that black and white vodafone logo, for anyone else who's using it; I realize having that black part on the logo causes it to not look right when the status bar changes colors (like when tethering or using other phone functions during a call).

12. phoenix.505 macrumors newbie

Thanks for your logos!!