Voice Button too close to Space Button?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by musika, Oct 20, 2011.

1. musika macrumors 65816

musika

Who else is frustrated when they press the dictation button and it makes a space and a "." and you have to go back and blah blah blah.

basically, when I want to dictate, I don't want a space! Wish there were some calibration to do.

2. brig2221 macrumors 6502

Happens to me a lot and is starting to aggravate me.

3. sportsfrk214 macrumors 6502a

If you tap the voice button immediately after typing a letter, the device registers a space instead of activating voice. I assume this is Apples attempt to reduce inadvertent touches. Open up notes and try it. Type a bunch of letters and then quickly tap the voice button (at roughly the same speed you'd normally tap the space bar). Notice that it registers a space instead of the voice, even though you tapped right over the voice button. If you wait a second and then press the same spot, voice will now activate. Pretty clever on Apples part.

Although I could see this being a problem. Fortunately I tend to naturally tap the space bar with my right thumb so it's difficult to miss, but if you do it with your left thumb I can see it being a problem at times.