voice calling on iPhone

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by MARA50, Jul 4, 2007.

1. MARA50 macrumors newbie

I have just discovered that you can dial*08 from the dial pad on iPhone and sign up for voice calling. You can store up to 2000 numbers and it is available for online updating. The charge is $4.99 per month. I hope this is helpful for anyone that may have been disappointed in the lack of voice dialing.

2. Furgster macrumors 6502

Furgster

thats cool, but i dont want to spend the money

3. mmccaskill macrumors 6502

I agree. iPhone clearly has the hardware capacity to support this feature. Just needs an update to software.

4. Cybergypsy macrumors 68040

Cybergypsy

I dont have to use it....i just like to look at it:)

5. Cleverboy macrumors 65816

Cleverboy

Pocket Universe, nth Dimensional Complex Manifold
    Heh... MARA, I was a little concerned as a newbie with 3 posts, that you might have been playing a practical joke on people who didn't know what *08 would cause to happen for phones on AT&T. :) Checks out though!

http://www.wireless.att.com/learn/basics/choosing-features-services/voicedial.jsp

Sorry to doubt. :D I don't think I like the idea of an address book for "voice dialing" that's totally separate from the one in the phone. --And a whole other service fee on top... yech. :eek:

~ CB

6. Cybergypsy macrumors 68040

Cybergypsy