Voice Command 1.2 by Component Studios....ripoff?

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by AppleNcheese, Oct 2, 2012.

1. AppleNcheese macrumors newbie

Greetings forum!

Anyone experience this?

Just paid 2.99 for the Voice Command 1.2 app by Component Studios for Iphone 4, and after playing with it for 5 or 10 minutes (about 10 queries) I got an error,

"You have exceeded your daily usage limit. Please try again later. This should work properly within 24 hours."

Has anyone experienced this? Hope it is a glitch. I never would've purchased it if I knew it was throttled to 10 requests per 24-hour period. Never mentioned in the description, unless I missed it. If that's the case, it's an absolute fraudulent ripoff.

2. Computermantom macrumors newbie

Same here

Same thing happened here too. Seems like a rip. :mad: Maybe it's a fluke. Too bad, I liked it.
    Tom

3. MacinMan macrumors member

I just bought the app today as well and got this, message as well. I was thinking maybe it was also a way to do an in app purchase to buy the full version, however I don't see any reference to that, in the itunes store, or the app itself. I had another app i bought by the same developer called voice assistant, that did the same thing. Kind of strange then i thought maybe it was for iPhone 4 owners and something apple did to force people to buy a phone with siri on it, but that seems a bit extreme. if anyone reads this, any feedback ?