Voice Command - disappointing :-(

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by amitdoc2b, Jun 20, 2009.

1. amitdoc2b macrumors 6502a

Hi.

I actually like the voice command idea, but I am disappointed for a reason.

I normally buy Music Videos from iTunes because for double the cost I can listen to the song and visualize it as well..

If I buy a music video on iTunes, it normally places itself both under the "Songs" and "Videos" under the iPod application button ..

But Voice Command will only play actual songs only, not the songs you buy that are music videos.

In other words, I am not asking for it to play the video, but actually just play the music of that video (just like you can in the "Songs" section).. but it won't do it. It will only play actual songs with no video.

Is there by any chance a setting to get this to work? Or if anyone else find a way to make this work or noticed this problem?

Disappointing in that respect.. but hopefully they will expand the voice command feature soon!!

2. Titan12 macrumors regular

hmm.. The voice control options are in place in part to make operation of the phone more convenient when you aren't able to look at the screen. Thus the reason it only activates options that you can hear (calls, music, song titles). I don't think they will add the feature to control any form of video because that would kinda defeat the purpose. Most ppl wouldn't be playing a video in situations where they can't look down at the screen.

3. amitdoc2b thread starter macrumors 6502a

No you don't understand what I am saying. I want to play the song just to HEAR it when I use voice control, I don't want to SEE the video. If you look on your iPhone, when you buy a music video, it works as either a "Song" or a "Video"... I want atleast the voice control to recognize these files as "Songs"... but right now it doesn't recognize them at all. Makes sense?

4. Titan12 macrumors regular

No I know what you mean.. I do the same thing. Its just that iTunes still categorizes the file as a video file, even though it shows in the music section on the phone.

5. dccorona macrumors 68020

dccorona

this seems like something they may make voice control work with...but then again, they also may not.

A temporary, although cumbersome fix is to extract the audio from the music video (using iMovie or whatever software you want)
    although iTunes videos are locked, I believe, so they'd have to be converted first. Major pain to do. So it depends on how important it is to you