Voice Control/Dialing in 3.0?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by sseelman, Apr 18, 2009.

1. sseelman macrumors regular

Have not seen much discussion on the voice control feature that Apple mentioned. I assume this is voice dialing, but maybe not? Has anyone seen this functionality in any of the 3.0 betas?

2. fishkorp macrumors 68020

fishkorp

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_0 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/7A280f Safari/525.20)

Apple didn't mention voice control for 3.0, did they? Someone found hidden info in the firmware, but I don't think Apple ever made such a statement.

3. sseelman thread starter macrumors regular

Yes - you might be quite right that it was not announced, but rather it was found in one of the 3.0 betas. Thanks.

My basic question still stands, though. Has anyone found out anything else about how this might might be implemented? I would really like a voice dial solution BUILT IN to the phone. In New York state, you have to use a hands-free device in a car. Works fine when getting a call, but making calls is obviously not easy in regard to staying in synch with the law (or being safe for that matter).