Voice Control over Bluetooth: iPhone 3GS (FW 3.1) and Plantronics Discovery 975

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Maverickster, Sep 13, 2009.

1. Maverickster macrumors regular

Has anyone been able to figure out how get Voice Control to launch from this headset? I've read various reports of some users getting it working on a Plantronics 925 and some other headsets, but the 975 is the replacement to the 925, so I must be missing something.

Incidentally, the Bluetooth Version on the Discovery 975 is "2.1 + EDR (Enhanced Data Rate) + eSCO + Secure Simple Pairing (SSP) for pairing earpiece without entering PIN code/Passkey"; and the Bluetooth Profiles supported are "Headset Profile (HSP) for talking on the phone" and "Hands-free Profile (HFP) for talking on the phone and operating the phone".

Any suggestions are welcome!

--Mav

2. Maverickster thread starter macrumors regular

P.S. Solved it. Went into BT settings on the iPhone, "Forgot Device", turned off BT; reset iPhone; re-paired; works great. Rather than taking down my post, I'm leaving it here in case these instructions prove useful for anyone else.

3. rickbollocks123 macrumors newbie

Using Voice Control from Plantronics 975

Hi there, I tried the below procedure and I still can not acitvate voice control from my 975. Are you pressing the main button on the headset? Do I need 3.1 on the iphone? Thanks very much.