Voice control, what am I missing?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by timanderson, Jun 25, 2010.

1. timanderson macrumors newbie

I've been trying voice control on iPhone 4. I find it pretty hopeless to be honest. Mostly I get "No match found"; or occasionally it will dial a random person in my address book (not good).

I have occasionally got it to play a song by saying "play Take Five". But then I can't get it to pause or skip a song. If a song is playing I can get the voice control screen back by pressing the home button, but the song then stops playing. Are the music control commands meant to work while the song is playing?

I may have a faulty phone or just the wrong kind of voice!

Tim

2. Xenius macrumors newbie

From what you described it looks like you might be leaving out part of the command. Check out this page that has some of the commands listed:
    http://atmac.org/iphone-voice-commands

3. timanderson thread starter macrumors newbie

No, I've been through that carefully.

So should the commands work while the music plays, if started through voice control?

Tim

4. oligodendrocyte macrumors newbie

I may have a faulty phone or just the wrong kind of voice!

My voice control could not recognize my commands. Sorted it by changing language to English (united states), even though I'm in Australia. Find it under Settings>general>international>voice control.